Are you a team player with experience in machine operating? Atlas Staffing has a role to match your skillset. As a machinist, you’ll program, operate, and set up CNC lathes and mills.
Atlas Staffing is hiring for full-time and temp-to-hire machinist jobs with local companies.
Minimum requirements include:
- A high school diploma and minimum of three years’ experience programming, operating, and setting up CNC lathes or mills
- The ability to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Intimate understanding of reading and editing programming languages
- Knowledge of measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions as well as reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Experience selecting, aligning, and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers
- Experience calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut as well as entering commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- The ability to stand, balance, kneel, crawl, reach with arms, and use hands regularly
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Work Shifts: Various shifts available
Salary: Based on work experience
WHY WORK WITH ATLAS STAFFING
You are more than the skills on your resume. With our local connections, values-based approach, and candidate-first commitment, we work hard to find the job that’s right for you. Enjoy paid sick leave, medical benefits, and more!
Explore our hiring process now and get to know the Atlas recruiters working for you.